Field Applications Scientist APAC
Berkeley Lights is looking for an applications scientist with the scientific skills/background to help us deliver pre and post-sales support, train and support customers in their own facilities across APAC. You'll be supporting workflows developed for a rapidly evolving technology platform engaged in single cell assay, single cell culture, therapeutics and Cell Line Development. You should be a scientist with great communication and customer service skills who is comfortable with advanced lab automation equipment and willing to travel. This is a highly visible position that prioritizes customer success, has direct ties to top management, and is an opportunity to help found a new role for the company during a worldwide expansion!
- Undertake microfluidic-based Cell Line Development and discovery workflows at customer facilities.
- Train & support customers in microfluidic workflows.
- Train & support distributors of BLI technologies.
- Provide pre-sales support in APAC.
- Troubleshoot workflows and instrumentation.
- Validation and verification of complex life science instrumentation.
- Perform basic repairs on instruments.
- 2+ years experience as a field applications scientist.
- Experience in Pre-sales engagements.
- Ability to independently support and troubleshoot complex electromechanical, optical, and micro/nanofluidic instrumentation/hardware, robotics in early stages of development using structured engineering approaches.
- Familiarity with cell/tissue culture, cell-based assays, and microscopy platforms; experience in modern molecular and cell biology techniques.
- Ability to thrive in early stage technology development with demanding schedules and deliverables.
- Excellent collaborative, interpersonal and verbal/ written communication skills to clearly articulate ideas, problems, and solutions.
- Programming/ coding skills (Python, Java, MATLAB).
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Bioengineering, Biomedical Engineering, Biophysics or other multidisciplinary engineering fields with exposure to biological applications.
- Willing to travel up 75% of time and reside within 2 hours of an airport.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin.
- Proficient data analysis skills; experience with data-mining software (e.g. Tableau, Spotfire) is desired.
- Experience servicing complex instrumentation.